Birch Hill Loop Hike
Distance: ~4 miles
Hike Leader: Bob Hatton
Beginning at Taconic Trail State Park pullout (halfway up Route 2 headed to Petersburg Pass): Start down an old woods road and quickly reach the fields. Ascend a knoll for fine views to the east of the Greylock Range. Pick up Bob’s Ski Loop at the north end of field and go over Birch Hill to find the Hunter Family Trail. The trail then switchbacks down the north side, leaving state land for Williamstown-owned conservation land, near the junction of the Buxton Ravine Trail. The Hunter Family Trail soon starts around the east end of birch hill where it junctions with the Sara Tenney Trail and follows an old historic road back to the Taconic fields.
- Limited to 8 participants.
- Meet at 9:00 a.m. at the Taconic Trail State Park pullout on Route 2 across from the metal gate. (Directions below.)
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots.
- Bring your own water and tick repellent.
- No dogs, please.
Please register using the form below.
Cancellations call (413) 458-2494.
Directions from Field Park (the roundabout) in Williamstown:
– Take Routes 2 & 7 southwest to where they split (2.3 mi.) at the A-Frame bakery.
– Follow Route 2 west to the first pullout on the left (south) side of Route 2 (4.5 mi.)
(mileage is cumulative)
Bookings are closed for this event.