Join us for a Hike Leader Workshop!
Scott Lewis — Director of the Williams Outing Club, and a longtime member of the WRL Trails Committee — will lead this three-hour workshop on hike leadership. This session is a great opportunity to learn skills so that you can lead group day hikes safely and enjoyably, for participants of varied skill-levels and experience, in the North Berkshire trail systems.
If you are interested in someday leading hikes with Rural Lands, this is the workshop for you. It is also a great opportunity if you simply want to be more prepared next time you head for the hills with your friends!
Space is limited to 12 participants: Please register ahead of time at the bottom of this page!
- Trip preparedness
- Group travel & basic map/compass skills
- Group leadership skills and expectations
- WRLF hike leader protocols and support (advertising, record keeping, first aid pack, trip logistics)
- Basic emergency preparedness and basic first aid – including tick prevention AND removal
- Natural history of the area and resources available
This event is fully booked.