Distance: 2 miles (round trip)
Hike Leader: Dana Williams
Where: Meet at Sheep Hill (carpooling, limited parking at trailhead)
Join WRL naturalist, Dana Williams, for an interpretive hike to explore the Chestnut Trail. We will follow the old logging road 1 mile up to the Class of ’98 Trail and discuss the ecology of the Pine Cobble region, its importance to the history of Williamstown and the plight of the Chestnut Tree.
- Wear warm boots ready for snow
- Make sure you have cold weather clothes – Check the weather ahead of time!
- Dogs are fine, on leash, and kids are, too, but loose.
- Torrential blizzards cancel, but a light snow makes for a lovely walk
- Snowshoes and poles may be recommended depending on the snow depth (check the weather!) – free snowshoe borrowing available at the Clark
Bookings are closed for this event.